Thursday, October 28, 2010

This truly is my purpose.

This is a sestina poem that I wrote in Creative Writing.  This shows my purpose in life and expresses my faith. It's the reason that I am on this earth with the other six billion people.  This is why I am here.

What does it mean to have faith?
Is it showing your passion?
Is it having hope?
Is it something that really hits home?
It’s often hard to picture.
The answer is as free as an open field.

We try to see the playing field,
Instead of relying on the God of our faith.
We want to see the big picture,
We are imprisoned by our passion
Of wanting to see our eternal home.
Heaven is the object of our hope.

God is the only reason for our hope.
He knows my life’s field.
We each have a different earthly home,
But when God is the center of our faith,
We can trust Him with our heart’s passion.
With faith, life after death isn’t difficult to picture.

God has planned a beautiful picture.
For me to be a part of that plan, is my hope.
God recognizes everyone’s unique passion.
He’s laid each of us in a different field.
Trusting Him is key to your personal faith.
He offers the gift of life in His home.

Breath-taking angels walk the golden streets of God’s home.
I most look forward to looking in from the Pearly Gates to this picture.
But only one thing will get me there, my faith.
I know that it will be more beautiful than anything I had hoped.
I eagerly await greeting Jesus in a glorious field.
It is then that I will finally understand His passion.

Jesus was willing to die for me, and that shows His passion.
He offered to risk everything and leave His home.
Suddenly He was a part of a brand new field.
On the cross, when Jesus closed His eyes He saw a picture.
It was a picture of me and you that gave Him hope.
He saved us from the evil one, praying that we would have true faith.

My honest faith has become a true passion.
So when I die, I hope to finally go home,
To the picture I’ve imagined, meeting my Jesus in a field.

1 comment:

  1. Megan, how can I describe this posting? Let's try amazing, yes, that will work. This is truly inspiring. I love the line, "Breath-taking angels walk the golden streets of God’s home." It is very true that it is up to God to decide our life purpose, but I think we lose that sometimes. Your metaphor to a field was perfect for this poem and it sincerely was amazing!

    ReplyDelete